Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sunday Mind Dump

What a great weekend!

So, let's dump:
  • Open Mic night was a big success. It was so much fun having so many new faces come into church to play their music. I cannot wait for the next one in Oct.
  • I finally felt comfortable playing guitar and leading worship again today. I've been out of it for a year and a half other than some fill in stuff and I was a little rusty :)
  • Tough message today. Here is the cliff notes version. As followers of Jesus we are to do what he did. Here's what he didn't do...spend all his time in church hanging out with people who where already convinced. Here's what he did do...spent his time with people no one else wanted around. That's what we need to do....spend time with those people no one wants around.
  • It's been my prayer since we started that as a church we'd see people come through our doors that no one else wants or can reach. Those are usually the outcasts. We are called to be a church of outcasts. I for one fit right in!
  • Have I mentioned how much I enjoyed open mic nights?
  • Split the kids classes up a little different today. Seems like it went well.
  • Love our volunteers. You guys are the best.....we couldn't do this without you!
  • Next week we are talking about something most people have some experience with....going fishing.
  • Got a nap today. Granted it was only a half hour or so....but, it was still a nap.
  • NFL back with a vengeance today. My fantasy teams are holding their own.
  • Going to Trezzo's to watch the Bears and the Packers. Question for Tony "Does it hurt less when the Bears loose in HD?"
I am out....have a blessed one :)

No comments: