Saturday, May 21, 2011

I'm Still Here...

So, the rapture of the church that was supposed to happen today has failed to materialize. I have restrained myself from the poking and picking that I have seen so many on the web do over the last few days. Don't get me wrong, a large part of me wanted to make fun of the notion just to make myself seem "not crazy" to my non-believing friends. I never for a second believed today was the day, not that it couldn't have been, because that's up to God. In fact, I hadn't really given the whole "rapture is May 21st" much thought at all until two days ago. That's when it hit me.....what if it is???

Now, I don't want to sound crazy because I didn't believe it was the day at all....but I just felt this overwhelming burden that said what if it is? Over the last two days, I felt the Holy Spirit begin to lay on my heart the faces and names of all the people I know that haven't yet met Jesus. Honestly, I've felt an overwhelming sense of sadness for them. What if it was today? How many family members would have missed out? How many of my friends would have missed out? What about my students? My children? I mean they accepted Christ when they were younger but are they really his?

I can say this, I don't want to make fun of the crazies that predicted the end of the world as we know it. I do however, want to use their foolish mistakes as a reminder that sometime, someday he'll come and until that day I want to reach as many people with God's love as possible. I want to be about my fathers business.

Without Him I can do nothing....with Him all things are possible.

No comments: