Thursday, December 20, 2007

Leadership Vs Pastoring

Been thinking quite a bit this week about myself in ministry. Six months ago I made a decision that I was going to focus more on becoming a better pastor. I wanted to focus more on people and focus less on tactical things. The problem is, if you're not careful, you can pastor yourself right out of church growth.

For me there has to be a balance between loving people and pastoring people and leading God's people to take more ground than they thought they were capable of taking.

Over the next few months and years my struggle is to find a way to pastor God's people while leading them. I have made a personal commitment to spend quite a bit of time over this next year focusing on just that. Over the last week God has hit me pretty big with some stuff.

I sat down and wrote two messages out of it. One is a leadership message. The first Sunday in January we are going to spend the morning talking about where God is going to me taking us over the next year and years. I can see that picture clearer than ever. The third Sunday in January I am going to do the pastor thing and stretch your faith big time.

If you can't tell. I am pretty fired up about it too!

No comments: