Tuesday, December 30, 2008

California Day Three/Please tease April!

Today was a little more relaxing than the crazy drive all over experience of the first couple of days. We slept in a little this morning. In fact, props to the Ayres suites in Mission Viejo. They have the most comfortable beds on the planet. I am not joking when I say this. These beds are incredible!

I digress....Anyway....we slept in a bit....had some breakfast and then drove an hour south to San Diego. There was a bird place April wanted to visit. I know it's a bit odd but the girl loves birds. She had them on her arms and was petting them. I think the things are the spawn of Satan and can't stand them so I took pictures from a safe distance. After that we drove to Coronado Island and had lunch at the Hotel Del. I kept telling myself "Jeff, your paying for the view" as I ate a very tasty but $20.00 surf and turf quesadilla. Let's just say that is an only on vacation lunch!

After all that we drove back north and went shopping at the Mission Viejo mall. We had dinner tonight at one of our favorite places the Cheesecake Factory. Now, HERE COMES THE TEASE PART. The photo you see is April standing in front of the cheesecake bar trying to decide what to get. This look went on for most of the 30 minutes (not kidding, I timed it) it took her to decide on getting the coconut cream pie cheesecake. Needless to say, a little teasing is in order. Now we are back at the hotel chilling the night away.

No comments: