Saturday, June 12, 2010

Mind Dumps

I know I haven't been as regular with mind dumps as in the past. I'm working on it...so here we go:
  • Things are going well at 242 Church. It is a struggle for April and I in terms of style as we are much more aggressive in worship and the people at 242 are a little more traditional. We are trying to approach the ministry with a missionary mindset and bring worship of God to them in a way that works for them, while still stretching them a little every week. So far so good....If they put up chicken wire, that'll be a sign we have pushed to far :)
  • Did some remodeling around the house. That was fun! I did better than I would have thought and will eventually do more!
  • I am taking 4 classes this summer. That's keeping me busy!
  • Loving my new guitar. I really like the Taylor feel and sound. It's killing my fingers getting them back into acoustic guitar shape after not playing for so long.
  • Looking forward to a weeks vacation in August. We rented a nice house in Fl with a swimming pool. The 4 of us are going to be relaxing big time.
  • I think I am going to take a few days next week and just do nothing. I need a few days of quiet time....just listening to God and not speaking much. We all need times of quiet. God speaks with a still small voice. It's hard to hear him over all the noise in our lives.

No comments: