Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sunday Mind Dump

Had a great time teaching today. Last summer I was working around the house and God gave me a message about healing our hurts. I thought "Ok, but when in the world am I supposed to teach that message God?" God knew. I am so honored that God allows me to do what I do. When we came to 242 it was supposed to be short term, just long enough to help Scott get the ministry off the ground and stable. I am glad we followed the leading of the Holy Spirit in bringing us there. It won't be forever. But, still glad to have been a part. So let's dump:
  • Some highlights from the message. You don't have enough emotional energy to worry about getting even with people. Let God balance the books.
  • Forgiving others isn't about them deserving it. It's about you being able to move on with your life....and because God forgives you and I.
  • Fill your mind up with Jesus and you won't have time to worry about getting even with people.
  • You'll know you're healed when your ready to start helping others overcome. That's how God makes good use for our pain....when you use it to serve.
  • Sunday's are long days for us....we leave the house at 7am and don't usually get home until after 1. When our time is up at 242 we are going to take another ministry sabbatical for a few months and recharge our batteries.
  • Really looking forward to our cruise this December. Getting away for a week is going to be so sweet!
  • So many people hurting. So few willing to do what it takes to get well. It's not easy....but there is great freedom in it.
  • My past is not my future. God is going to do a new thing in my life....
  • I am out....peace everyone.....time to veg out and watch some foosball!

No comments: