Saturday, October 9, 2010

What am I Praying For?

I often wonder how many Christians go through life not really knowing what they should be praying for. Do we pray for ourselves is that too selfish? Do we only pray for those we love, but not us? Or do we pray for everything and everyone? Well...I am by no means an expert on prayer so I will just tell you what I pray for nightly.
  • I pray that God would bless and protect my family.
  • I pray that God would bless and protect my friends.
  • I pray for my church and my pastor (although that's me right now...so feel free to pray for me!)
  • I pray for those I know who are enduring trials and suffering.
  • I pray for anything else that God lays on my heart.
I think for most of us, if we could just start with those things....we'd be getting somewhere...I know you'd think people in ministry would be much deeper than that....but I have to confess...I have never been much of a prayer warrior....For years I felt bad about that....but a few years ago, I just felt God release me from feeling bad about something that wasn't my spiritual gift. All of us can and should pray regularly....but not all of us are going to be the kind of prayer warriors that can spend hours and hours praying down heaven and earth.....just pray and listen....be obedient to what God is leading you to become as a pray-er!

No comments: