Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sunday Mind Dump

I haven't written much in my blog over the last month or so for several reasons. We've just been busy and something has to give. I haven't had as much to say as in the past because I am trying to step back and just let God do his thing and talk about that rather than me trying to make things happen. Lastly, because I am trying to allow others to build the church and not so much me. I am a short timer at 242 and while I want to give it my all during my tenure, I am stepping back come January and April and I will be stepping away from all ministry at some point this spring or summer. So let's dump:
  • Since Closing Real Life I have had 5-6 offers to pastor churches...one more over the last few weeks. I don't know what God has in store for me, but I do know if I have a say in the matter We'll be taking more time off from ministry after we finish our tenure at 242. If God has other plan's so be it, we'll obey, but if you ask me :)
  • So much fun today watching the kids sing and tell stories. I love family worship experience days!
  • It was even more fun having the kids play instruments this time! Great job Bree, Tyler, and Tyler!!
  • Looking forward to the Christmas season. April and I have a get away scheduled. It might be our last one for a few years if some things happen we've been talking about. (stay tuned) and no, it's not a baby.
  • Helped Jake fill out his first college application today. We'll see....We'll see.
  • I am pumped about next weekends kick off of out new teaching series I am calling "Be The Church!)
Better get back to football!

No comments: