Saturday, August 13, 2011

Sunday Mind Dump (Saturday Edition)

While we are not yet back from our vacation we are sitting in the airport on our way home. It's been a great week over all. The trip started out a little rough but got better once we got on the boat. We enjoyed three really nice ports this time:
  • Key West: Always nice and plenty of things to see and do. It's a bit too congested for my tastes but it's still a cool place to visit.
  • Grand Cayman: Very nice, very British. Slow paced and pretty...enjoyed swimming with dolphins and then getting on a boat to go out to Stingray City...a nice sandbar where there are tons of stingrays that love to be played with and fed....needless to say, this was April's favorite part.
  • Ocho Rios Jamaica: Jamaica is very beautiful. We swam with and fed sharks....I know, I thought the idea was crazy too but it was fun anyway.
  • The Boat: Awesome....loved the food (especially the Indian place for lunch! April and I loved the giant Seaside movie theater and watched movies under the stars almost nightly after dinner....
One of the things I love about unplugging from the grid is having some extra quiet time to just hear from God about some things. Sometimes it's about church and what do do next...this time it was about me. God was showing me there are some areas of my life I need to develop some discipline in...Going to start working on that as soon as we get home....Perhaps I'll write about this a little more over the next week or so...

No comments: