Tuesday, October 9, 2007

My Secrets: Getting Closer

I have got to say I am really excited about the next series we are kicking off called My Secrets. I just finished going through the first two messages today and they are really good. I just have this feeling that God is going to show up big time and we are going to see some great things happen. We have some cool things planned that are not a usual part of what we do at Real Life that have me really excited. We have adopted a theme song (Dirty Little Secrets-by The All American Rejects) that we are going to play every week as a kick off for the message.

I mentioned to my 14 year old that we were going to be using that song and that he'd need to practice it (he is going to play a little bass guitar with the house band next month.) As I was telling him about it he got this weird look on his face and he said "Dad you know that's not exactly a nice song for church right?" I smiled and told him of course I did and that is why we are going to be using it. We are doing a series on stuff that many people try to keep hidden from other people because if they shared that stuff they might not look so good.

I love this stuff!!