Sunday, October 21, 2007

Sunday mind dump

I have decided I am stealing the title for this blog from another blogger I read. I just love the idea of being able to come dump out the things that are currently playing ping-pong in my head! Read and enjoy. If something I have written is about you, then let me thank you in advance, or if it's negative and it's about you, then go ahead and plug your ears while saying "not listening, not listening."

I am so proud and honored to lead the group of people we have here at Real Life! Every week someone does something that is just so cool and it just makes me light up. I thought it might be nice to clear out the brain after Sunday services.
  • My Secrets started off really well. A whole bunch of people came up to me and told me how much they needed to hear that. In my mind, I am hearing a bell ring on the God scoreboard.
  • Sometimes our people just blow my mind as to how generous they are with their time and talents. They don't even know how important they are to to me and this church but they are we wouldn't make it without them.
  • Planting a church is hard work. The only way you will make it is if God has really called you to do it. Sometimes you measure success in terms of numbers. It's not always the best way, but you do.
  • Sometimes God shows you how he measures success and numbers aren't that big of a part. He looks at the heart. I see huge amounts of success when I look at the hearts of some our of folks. They care so much about others is it is scary because they set the bar really high for me as a person.
  • God blesses what he chooses to bless. Our job is to do what we need to do to be a part of what God is blessing.
  • We have a lot of decisions to make over the next few months. Where to move as we outgrow the YMCA, how and who we are going to try to reach next, and looking for a more permanent worship leader and children's pastor. God will provide everything we need provided we stay connected to him as our one and only source.
Church planting......what a rush!!