Sunday, November 25, 2007

Sunday mind dump

A pretty solid day at church today. We ran our first video lesson from Lifechurch.tv. I'd like to get some feedback from our people to see how they liked it. We have the opportunity to do more of that. In fact, we could go as far as becoming a network church that uses their materials every week or we could just use them now and then as a change of pace. We will be using them at least two more times with the kickoff of our series on personal finances in January.

  • Music went well today. I did make one boo boo that the band will hound me about at every practice from now until the rapture. I played a song in the wrong key. I get ahead of myself and do it all the time during practice. Today was the first time I have ever done it during a service.
  • People seemed to enjoy My Secrets. I really think it was much needed and several people told me how much they needed to hear some of the things we talked about.
  • I want to thank everyone who gave a testimony during My Secrets. I know it can be tough and you really helped make the series a success.
  • I missed small group tonight. I love getting together with God's people and fellowshipping. There isn't much of anything better church wise!
  • We had some technology safus today with the TV and video stuff. Gotta love it. A big thank you to Tony Trezzo our resident Geek Squad go to guy.
  • I pastor one of the coolest churches ever. I love this job!
  • People are really starting to get into the worship more. I see more and more people singing and worshiping than when we first started. How cool is that?
On a tragic note. One of our members lost a son to a suicide today. At times like this there is nothing you can say or do to make a person feel better. We can only pray and offer to hold a hand. Right now, I'd ask everyone to pray. There are a ton of people hurting and asking a lot of questions tonight that there are no answers to. Just pray.

No comments: