Sunday, April 20, 2008

Sunday Mind Dump

Not too bad of a day for most Real Lifers. For me, today was one of those days were everything was going wrong. Our Power Point person had a migrane and wasn't able to make it to church so I had to do that Power Point. The presentation was probably 80% correct. It's really tough to put one together on the fly when it's not really your thing!

  • Finished the series today. I am pretty happy with how things turned out. We have had some breakthroughs and that is awesome to see.
  • The music has steadily gotten better. We have two things the band is going to have to begin to address. First, dynamics. They need to build songs up and tear them down a little better. No complaint's here, it's just something that comes with musical maturity. The other thing is they need to do a better job leading people in worship as opposed to playing songs. Part of that comes with dynamics the other part is just knowing what to do and when to do it. If you are a worship leader or a worshiper you'll know what I am talking about
  • Next week is Family Worship Experience. Talk about fun! I am going to work on Diaggios pizza....no promises though....they are great but a little pricey!
  • Our next series is called iMarriage. It might very well be the most important series we have ever done. Get your friends and family there. IT IS GOING TO BE AWESOME~~
  • Small group in 45 minutes! I love small groups!! Sad though we are going to take a little time off for the summer. Don't worry, we have a ton of other things going on. Trust me a ton!
  • Looks like we are in go mode for a few events:
  1. A church wide garage sale the weekend before Memorial Day. We'll run it from 9-3. We are going to do free food for anyone who comes out and just have a ball with it. Start boxing up your stuff now!
  2. May 31'st we are going to do a guys only Texas Hold Em tournament. We have some great idea's for prizes. That is going to be a huge event. We have some plans for doing this again in the future and they are going to blow you away! I promise....and you can quote me on that!
  3. We are planning a huge church picnic for this summer. Still a little fuzzy on the dates but it's going to be huge with live music and tons of great food. I know you all like food.
  • Since there were no complaints voiced about the Tony Trezzo nomination for the leadership team his appointment will become official at the end of the month. Speak or forever hold your peace.
  • On a personal note. I only have 29 more school days left. How awesome is that?
  • My wife has been awesome lately. She is under quite a bit of stress trying to prepare herself for the other band tryout. She's taking it all well. And the keyboard playing sounds good too. She actually made the comment "I kinda like playing this thing" last night. I smiled.

2 comments:

Shelly Suchomma said...

Sounds like the summer is going to be an awesome time of growth and fellowship at Real Life, I'm glade we're involved.
Just a thought, you might want to train a stand-by power point guy/girl so that we don't have further problems. I'm sure there are a few people in the church that are more than capable and willing to serve in that area. I'm sure Brett would have helped out if you had asked. DON'T be scared to use other people, we're a congregation, you don't have to do everything.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Teclado e Mouse, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mouse-e-teclado.blogspot.com. A hug.