Thursday, December 24, 2009

Random Christmas Eve Thoughts

  • I've had a great time the last few weeks hanging out with family. Something I haven't done much of for the last few years.
  • So thankful for the Christmas season. The fact that God became man, walked in my shoes, paid the price for my wrongs, and now I am reconciled with him. That's a great gift!!
  • Just realized I haven't picked up a guitar in three weeks. That's the longest I have gone in like 6 years. No band practice until after the new year so It's going to be a few more weeks on that too. My fingers are so going to kill me.
  • Thinking of two big things over the next few months: First I am considering getting PhD. With all the graduate level work I have now I only need like 17 classes to become Dr. Renner. My mom loves the idea (of course, right.) I am still thinking about it. I am fine with the course work. Not sure if I want to put myself through the dissertation process. We'll see how that turns out.
  • Second, I am really seriously thinking about writing a book on how God uses teachable moments in our lives to redirect our paths. We seem to coast along fine, content to do what we've always done until he gets our attention and redirects us back to his will. More on this later if I decide to move in that direction.
  • We are off to celebrate Christmas with April's family today.
  • Praying the weather cooperates so we can get our flights tomorrow without issue.
Have a blessed Christmas. Be sure to thank God for the gift of his Son.

No comments: