Friday, April 30, 2010

Death, Dying, and Time.

This year it has been ten years since my father passed from this life into eternity. It's never easy to loose someone you care about, its really hard to loose a parent. Every year it has gotten slightly easier to deal with. I just realized after going to Joe's funeral last week that it had been ten years since Dad died. Usually, I would remember the date he passed and I would think about him and get a little nostalgic. This year, I totally missed remembering his date by like three weeks.

Time, couple with a life connected to God makes the loss easier to deal with. For those that have lost someone and are still struggling understand this: There is no magic pill to take away the pain or the loss. If there were we'd all have taken it. Learning to deal with that pain and running to God in the midst of the pain is part of our growth as Christians and as people.

As tough as it is to do I say embrace the pain, turn it all over to the one who really knows and can do something about it. Turn it over to God.

Ten years later, I am thankful to have had my Dad in my life. I realize now, how much I have grown in God since he has left. Not that the two are related, but in many ways they are....

No comments: