Monday, January 7, 2008

Leadership

Been reading John Maxwell's 21 laws of leadership over the last few weeks and a few things have hit me pretty hard.

  • First, I need to do a better job caring about people over the project. I tend to get tunnel vision and focus more on the project than I do on the people in the project. It's not intentional I have just always been that way and I am working on training myself out of it.
  • Second, I need to make a practice of rallying the troops than of actually doing everything myself. Like many people in ministry I take on more than I should personally and I need to do a better job of surrounding myself with people who can and want to help me and the church succeed.
  • Third, I need to do a better job of leaking vision. Every leader knows it the really good ones live it. I need to live it. Too often, I assume everyone is on the same planet as me when it comes to vision.
Leadership is a process and it's something I am continually trying to improve.

No comments: