Saturday, January 26, 2008

Personal Growth

Many of us get stuck in a rut when it comes to our personal spiritual growth. We don't purpose ourselves to learn more, do more, and be more for God. We are kind of content to just allow things to unfold before us and we don't really approach our lives with any sense of urgency.

I have been guilty of it myself. Just coasting along and relying on what I already know as if that were enough to get me by. The thing is, if we really want to make any type of impact on our families, friends, and community we have to grow. We have to learn more and be more.

At the end of last year I developed a growth plan for myself. I thought I needed to work on growth as a leader and I needed to work on growing my faith. I decided I was going to develop a plan and stick to it. Here is my plan: I am going to read a book a month on the subjects and I am going to stretch myself by taking some steps of faith.

So what about you, are you content? Or do you want something different? A friend of mine once said foolishness is doing the same things the same way and expecting different results. IF you want your life to change you are going to have to do some things differently. You are going to have to set aside some time for learning.

As Forrest Gump liked to say, "stupid is as stupid does." If you really want something to change in your life you are going to have to take a different course than the one your on right now. Get going and get started today.

No comments: