Thursday, February 21, 2008

I love what I do.....

Most people never get to see the stuff I get to see. Most people would miss the little things that make ministry so cool. They get caught up in the ebb and flow and loose sight of the big picture and that is a problem. In ministry sometimes we look for and at the big things as proof that our ministry is "working" or that we are in the right place. Those things are great and I love it when something big happens.

Just as much as I love it when God moves mountains I love it when God is moving in his people. I love it when people who are proud humble themselves and ask for prayer because they just don't know what to do, I love it when people come to church week in and week out because their kids cry if they miss kids church, I love it when people ask me questions about the Bible because they are trying to find answers, to me, these thing are just as big and just as powerful as many of the bigger things people look at as a "sign." If your basing ministry success or failure on mountains moving you will be frustrated.

Try looking at the smaller things. When you start adding the smaller things up there are some huge mountains getting moved daily. I love seeing people grow plain and simple. I love seeing people reach out and minister to friends and family. I love my job.

No comments: