Friday, May 15, 2009

Dang It.

So last night I was in bed and not really sleeping. Sometimes my mind just races but sometimes (and this isn's something I am proud of) God uses that time to speak to me (probably because I am too busy telling him stuff during the day.)

Any way...Last night God kept telling me that "I am not my own that I have been bought with a price."

Guys for better or worse (usually for better) we are not our masters. Each of us have been bought with a price and we need to understand that there is a contract on our lives. Jesus Christ, in his mercy paid the price for our wrongs. When we accept that we inherit eternal live because the price had been paid for our wrongs. In a sense by accepting Jesus gift of eternal life, we enter into a contract with God in that our lives are no longer our own they belong to God.

Because our lives are no longer our own we need to seek God and discover our purpose and live with zeal and abandon toward that purpose. We can no longer chase after the desires of our hearts. God has invested too much in us to allow us to enter into a moral failure. It doesn't matter if people criticize (and they will), and it doesn't matter if we always understand it. We just need to be obedient.....Dang It!

That messes me up.

No comments: