Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sunday Mind Dump

I wish I could say today was a great day at church but in reality it sucked. Not from a programming perspective but from a people perspective. Today I had to watch someone I care about deeply break down as I had to tell everyone how someone she was married to/in a relationship with for 12 years decided to leave her to pursue a sinful relationship with a woman who was a Sunday school teacher and for a time her best friend. Sin Sucks. Because they refuse to deal with the sin we are forced (Matthew 18) to cut off fellowship with both of these people. Relationships and trust have been shattered. Kids lives are about to be permanently damaged and the parties involved are smiling all the way to their destruction.

We say this all the time but our sin and our desires if left unchecked will always take us farther and cost us more than we are willing to pay. The sad thing is (much like buying on credit) we don't fully appreciate the cost until it's too late. I am afraid for this new "couple" the truest cost is going to be paid not by them but the kids and those around them. Right now they are leaving a path of destruction pretty much everywhere they go. Hopefully, the healing process began today at our church for the people who have been hurt.

So let's dump:
  • We played a song I wrote last summer. It's nice to take a private prayer and hear it sung by the church in worship.
  • Seems like people really enjoyed our new look. We are almost finished with the cafe'/coffee house design. It is cool and makes the place so neat!
  • Nice to sit in for Aaron Hammitt for a few weeks on guitar. I don't get to play my acoustic very often so it's fun for me. Painful on the fingers, but still fun. I am not nearly as good as he is and it shows :)
  • Almost finished shooting the I love my church video's. One left to shoot and we'll be finished. Some very cool things going into them!
  • After church I took a 2 hour nap. I was spent after this week and the Real Life sale a thon yesterday!
  • Just took April out for some Baskin Robbins. We're not really big drinkers so ice cream is our vice :)

Ready to call it a night....peace out everyone.

No comments: