Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Planning and thinking ahead

Over the last few days I have been doing some planning and thinking ahead.....here are a few things I am pondering.

Teaching: Next month we are doing the I Love My Church series. That should be a lot of fun! I totally changed my mind on what I was teaching and we are changing up the teaching series. We are going to do a series called Five Lies: Things Satan Wants You to Believe. The sad thing is many time in life we are not only believing Satan's lies but we are acting on them. This August we are going to start the process of confronting them.

Outreach: Now that we have the tables in place I am kicking around doing a once a month open mic night. We could have bands come and play a few songs, poets, artists, and maybe a band to close out the night. Any thoughts? I'd love to hear them....

Celebrate Recovery: We are moving in that direction. Not sure when we'll be ready for it but it will happen. Part of the purpose of our pastoral coaching and consulting network is meant to help us design that. When we feel like we have it down we'll move forward. The only thing worse than not doing something is doing something really poorly and leaving a bad taste in everyone's mouth :)

No comments: