Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sunday Mind Dump

This Sunday mind dump is a little different than most since I only have a second had understanding of what happened today. So, let's dump:

  • Long couple of days. It was nice to get to visit with some family I haven't seen in 9 years yesterday.
  • Something I have been learning over the last week. Relationships trump vision every time. Which goes against the grain of everything I have ever read on ministry and planning. It's not that everyone is wrong it's just vision without a greater level of relationship is hollow because you don't have the support to back it up. I think of it like this. Soldiers will follow a great leader to their death without question. Those same soldiers will not follow a leader into battle they don't trust. Relationships trump Vision.....If you have vision and relationships your getting somewhere.
  • Yesterday was a little surreal for me. We took the kids over to my Dad's grave. It seems like forever since he's been here. It also seems like it was just yesterday that he died. It's been 9 years. I have never really felt the need to go visit his grave. I know some people really experience healing and release by making treks to their loved ones grave site...for me that's never been the case (not saying if that's you your wrong.) I know that my Dad couldn't be farther from that spot on the earth and my visit to that spot holds no special meaning. It was however nice to take the kids there.
  • At at Zaxby's tonight. It's a great little chicken place down south. I've been wanting to eat there for some time. It was good!
  • At a nice little hotel tonight and I am going to watch a little pre-season football.
  • Tomorrow we hit the boat and I will be off the grid for until next weekend. That is a first for me without a doubt!
Have a great and blessed night!!

No comments: