Thursday, February 18, 2010

Why I dislike religion....

I really have a hard time being a religious person. In fact, I really don't care for religion at all. I have said many times before most of the time I really don't even like being called a "Christian" because in our world there are just so many negatives attached to that label. I really prefer just being a follower of Jesus. Where he goes I will go, where he leads I will follow, what he did I will do.

Why is religion a bad thing?
  • Religion gives us a checklist of thing we must do in order to be saved. Jesus on the other hand says pick up your cross and follow me.
  • Religion says to place our allegiance in a program, building, or activity. Jesus says we are to trust in him.
  • Religion cares more for the institution than the individual. Jesus says "Whatever we do for the least of these we do to him."
  • Religion tears people down, causes wars, and pits people against each other. Jesus calls us to love God, then love our neighbor as ourselves.
Not sure where all this came from tonight. But I am feeling rather feisty!

No comments: