Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Long Way To Go

Over the last few months we've been to a number of different churches. It really is a little surreal going to a church and not having anything to do. I often find myself judging the church and thinking about things I would be doing differently were I on staff at said church. Which proves one thing to me. I am still detoxing from Real Life. I have to get to the point where I am not looking at church through the lens of church leadership and administration.

A couple of things:
First: God places a call on a persons life for ministry. I'll never get away from that. I know what my calling is and someday, in God's time, I'll be back to working and walking in that calling.
Second: That said, at this point in my life I need to get to the place where I am just in church to recieve from Him, give back to Him and serve Him wherever he leads.

It's a tough thing to do. That's why April and I have pretty much decided that we are going to start regularly attending a larger church in the area. It's not a place I could see myself in ministry. It's easy to get lost there. We are going to get involved in a small group and spend the next couple of years just being Jeff and April.

It's going to be tough but we feel it's something we need to do right now.

No comments: