Saturday, February 20, 2010

Have you ever noticed?

Have you ever noticed how still your home is when you get up a few hours before everyone else? Sometimes I think I'd like to be able to sleep more on the weekends but I really do enjoy the quiet and the time of reflection each and every Saturday. Just me and God alone.

Some of the things I have been reflecting on this morning:
  • How blessed I really am. We are all in good health. We have steady jobs and a roof over our head. That's more than 90% of the people on the planet can say.
  • I am thankful that despite my shortcomings God still loves me and sees fit to work through me in whatever way he chooses.
  • I've been thinking the last few days about how much I really enjoy worshipping God through music. I am not quite ready to go back to being a part of a worship band yet but I am thankful that when God opens that door I'll have a passion for it again.
  • I am thankful for the gift of God's son. His sacrifice was more than enough to cover up all my wrongs.

No comments: