Sunday, July 3, 2011

Sunday Mind Dump

What a great day at church. I have to say I was expecting almost no one to be there today. After all, it's a holiday three day weekend and we knew we had a lot of people out of town. I was wrong about that, we were full and had to get some extra tables and chairs out to make room for everyone....Now that is what I am talking about! So let's dump:
  • So this morning we talked about truth. Learning to accept the show up with the truth in our lives and face reality. Not an easy message when you start talking about looking at our own sin.
  • Great to see Cori stepping up and leading more from the keys....nice job with the communion meditation!
  • With all the extra help we were set up in like 20 minutes today. I didn't know what to do, so I found a quiet spot and prayed. In fact, everyone is welcome to join me between 9:25-9:30 and we'll pray for our church, the service, our members, and the community before each service.
  • Spoke to several new people who talked about how much they've enjoyed the church and the messages. That's nice to hear. Hopefully, we keep seeing growth!
  • Next weekend Craig is taking a group over to serve breakfast at the City Mission before church. Let me know if you want a chance to help cook and serve, we'll get you in the right place at the right time!
  • On a personal note, I haven't been sleeping good at all! I run in cycles where I just cannot sleep....would appreciate your prayers to get through this season of it.
  • Not sure what I am teaching on next week...Time to start thinking about that....I am outta here!

No comments: