Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sunday Mind Dump

So, I am sure this was a tough Sunday for many at 242 to hear that Craig was stepping down from pastoral leadership at 242. I can assure you that he has given this months of thought and he's wrestled with this decision for some time. As I mentioned today, if you aren't sure of your calling pastoral ministry will eat a person alive. It shouldn't be that way but it just is....ministry is difficult on the best of us and if you're unsure of your calling, well I am not sure how you do it.....

So let's dump:
  • I'm flattered to be a part of the discussion about the future of 242 Church. While, I have said I would take on the role of pastoring the church on a part-time basis I want everyone to know they are free to choose to go in a different direction if they feel that's where the church needs to go.
  • We mentioned this morning how having the pastor go part-time will allow the church to bring on a couple of other part time staff persons. Here is what we are thinking.
  • First, a part time administrative assistant/congregational care director. This person would handle all the churches phone calls, paperwork, finances, in addition to taking care of hospital and shut in visits. It would allow us to have one person we can call for almost everything...which is something that we just don't have now.
  • It will also allow us to hire a part-time Children/Youth Pastor. Right now the most pressing need is finding someone to run the Sunday morning kids program, but we also have a host of kids going into JR and SR high school that need to be taken care of. Till now, we just haven't had the resources to do it. Bringing someone in will go a long way toward making that happen this fall.
  • As always, people can email anyone on the Commission about what's going on and with any questions you might have. Feel free to email me about this stuff as well :)
  • The vote will be held in two weeks be sure to have all your questions addressed before that time...not that we won't answer questions after the vote! Ha Ha!
I better get off this computer. I smell brownies!!

No comments: