Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sunday Mind Dump

This has been a long and very trying week. I haven't been sleeping well, couple that with the class I have been taking and that has made for one cranky Jeffrey...I am thankful that April has been understanding of the pressure I was under this last week and gave me enough space to work things out.....so let's dump:
  • Hard talk this morning on how to handle things when friends let us down. I gave a few examples of times in my life when I've been hurt by others. I could have given a host more...which leads to my closing point. If you are going to do anything in ministry, pain is just a part of that.
  • We talked about needing to pray that God would give us thicker skin and a softer heart at the same time. It's not easy but we all need growth in those areas.
  • Some big decisions to make this week. Would appreciate everyone's prayers for April and I.
  • Going to be planning a fish fry for sometime over the next few months. Gary Nissley has offered up enough Walleye and Perch to feed a little over 100 people. If you'd like to help us plan this thing let me know! I always love it when I can give people the basic ideas and let them run wild with it!
  • April has only 3 weeks left at work! She is scared and excited at the same time!
  • Praying and seeking....Praying and seeking.
  • Reminded again this morning about how we need to get out of the Lighthouse! If you know of a place that we can meet let me know....we need a room that can hold 75-100 people plus 3-4 classrooms. Would prefer to have a church meeting location that is on a main road where we can get some signage on the street.....we don't ask for much do we?
  • Well I better get outta here!

No comments: