Sunday, August 31, 2008

Brunch & Sunday Mind Dump

To say that the brunch today was a hit would be an understatement!

A few things I noticed today. We had a few people with us that were not everyday members of Real Life. Our people did an excellent job of making them feel welcome and like a part of the family. That is just awesome to see. It makes me incredibly proud as a pastor to see our people loving as Christ would. The fact is, I can't be everywhere, I can't have a conversation with everyone, I can't spend the kind of time I would like to with everyone. You guys take a lot of pressure off me by being so open to new people! I cannot thank you all enough.

So lets dump:
  • The food was incredible.
  • I could have taken a long bath in John's Sausage gravy. I know that sounds nasty.....but when you run our of biscuit's and see people eating it straight out of a bowl like soup. You know you have done something right!
  • Irene knows how to make a cheesecake. I know what my request is for every potluck from here until Jesus returns.
  • For those of you who know April. You'll love this. She had two plates of food. On the way home she was complaining about being hungry. How does she stay so dang skinny!
  • A great day. We are going to have to do more of these things!
I love our people! I love our church. We are doing exactly what God has called us to do. That is an awesome thing and place to be.

No comments: