Sunday, August 3, 2008

Vacation Day 4

So, vacation log day four.

This morning I got up before everyone else (surprise surprise) and tried to finish the announcements video but no such luck. Yesterday I spent a little time working on our church announcements. The plan was I was going to do the announcements from here. I recorded them yesterday but had a tough time getting the web cast to work from here. So, I recorded them and tried (unsuccessfully) to email them to Tony so he could play them. Any how, to make a long story short, Tony had to do the announcements because I just couldn't get them to work.

After all that I made breakfast for the clan pancakes, sausages, and eggs. Then I sat down to watch the web cast of our church service this morning. That was an interesting thing. Being on the other end of the web cast and not actually being a part of it. I am used to being in charge of what happens at church. It was kinda cool to see it go on with out me. It's cool because ultimately that is my job to train people to do the work of the ministry (Eph ch4.) Seeing it in action was cool. Everyone did a stellar job.

Stu Rickart filled in for me teaching today and it was neat to see him fulfilling something God had called him to do.

After church I got cleaned up and we took the kids out to this newer mall here in Orlando. We did some shopping and then we had a late lunch/early dinner at The Cheesecake Factory which is one of April and I's favorite places to chow. We hung out at the mall for a while and then made the trek back to the vacation house to hang. I did a little reading (still digging Craig Groeschel's book) while the kids swam. After that I stretched out and watched the hall of fame football game.

What a lazy life! Tomorrow I take on a Disney water park! Oh the humanity! Told the kids I am wearing a nice Speedo.

No comments: