Friday, November 7, 2008

It's the opposite

I am sitting here on my couch scanning email after a huge meal (courtesy of Don Pablo's tonight) and was thinking that many Pastors feel like they lead lonely lives. They feel like they have no friends and are all alone.

I have to say for the life of my I can't understand why. I have some great friends at church. Maybe that's one of the things that makes Real Life so special. Our people actually really care about each other. I don't want that to sound like our church is great your church sucks kinda thing. But I have never, ever, been a part of a church where people are better friends. That is awesome.

Are there times that, as a pastor, I stand alone in my burden for the church? Without a doubt, that is something most Pastors experience. We have a burden for our churches and people that people outside of the ministry will probably never know. But, I can call virtually any of the guys from church and hang out over a burger and just be me.

That is a cool thing!

No comments: