Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sunday Mind Dump

I know I often say that church was great but it just was today. Everything went smooth from the time we got in the building until we left at 12:30. So, let us dumpth:
  • Great start to the MythBusters series today. I know that I put some folks on edge with our frank talk about homosexuality. Remember, we start with love.
  • Some great stuff coming next week. Just wait. This is going to be your favorite series ever.
  • The band is getting really tight. Love that.
  • Nice crowd today. We needed that after last weekend!
  • Way too many sweets today. I tried hard to control myself. I had a single oatmeal cookie and a small apple danish. Aren't you all proud of me?
  • Happy Birthday to Noah and Jody!
  • My buccaneers almost gave away a win today. They should have killed the chiefs....but a win is a win.
  • Next week we are talking about some heavy stuff too. Pray for me as I finish preparing. I want to always speak the truth in love.
  • We are going to take the newsletter to an every other month publication for now. I jave too much on my plate to do it every month right now.
I am outta here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff,

I'm a church planter in AZ moving to South Jersey in the next year to plant. Thanks for this post--which I found surfing the web and reading about different church plants.

I'm glad your sermon series is going well; what kind of material did you present in that Mythbusters talk on the subject of homosexuality?

Because I'm new to church planting, I just appreciated the real-life glimpse into some of the issues that you're facing.

Thanks!

Jeff Renner said...

Phil....if you go to www.reallifetoledo.com and click on watch messages online you can see it. The Homosexuality topic is the last one.

God Bless.