Sunday, January 24, 2010

Good Morning

This is pretty much a rest and recuperation type year for April and I. In many ways ministry has taken a toll on us mentally, spiritually, and physically. So, we are trying to take some time (as I have previously blogged about) to kinda bring those things back to center in our lives. I wanted to talk a little about some things God has been dealing with me on.

First, I realize that I have put on a tremendous amount of weight since starting in ministry. I have gained 40 lbs. Now, that didn't happen over night. It happened slowly by not being careful, always being on the run, and never wanting to walk away from a tasty treat. For this year, I have set a goal of losing 70 lbs and getting myself back to what I think is a healthy weight for me. Since I started I have lost a total of 10 lbs and am feeling pretty good about things.

For me, I really wanted to focus more on a creating a healthier lifestyle that just getting on a diet to loose weight. So here is what I am doing. Cutting fried foods out of my life, avoiding things that have been overly processed, and eating more fruits and veggies. I am also trying to work on eating every couple of hours to avoid being famished at meals. So I am snacking on fruits, cheese, and yogurt in between meals and then eating smaller "meals." It seems to be doing the trick so far.

I have also ordered a treadmill so I can work on getting my cardio in. I want to start working on getting in better shape and having more endurance. Also, the running will help my tennis game for this summer!

That's it, nothing profound just trying to make slightly better food choices and getting a little time in on the treadmill a few days a week.

No comments: