Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Quiet Time

Over the last year or so I have had very, very little quiet time. I talked a good game about it but I just didn't find much time for it. God has been really hitting me over the head with how much of a junkie I am. Internet, TV, books, music, and a host of other things take up my time and I couldn't seem to find quiet in my life.

Last night I finally broke out of that mold. After April went to bed I just turned it all off, and sat in a room alone with God. I told myself I wanted five good minutes with God. I was amazed at how hard it was to get five good minutes. My mind kept racing, thoughts kept pouring in, it was hard. I am not going to lie, it took almost a half an hour to get five good minutes. Every time I'd get myself out of the way something else would pop into my mind, or a thought would race.

Those five minutes, were awesome. Felt God speaking to me for the first time in a long time.

No comments: