Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Vision 2010

Ok, so I know it's usually a church that has a vision statement or has a vision message about where they are going in the upcoming year. So, I thought why shouldn't I have a vision blog about where I see God taking me and what I think God is working on in me?

So here goes:

I am going to spend 2010 getting healthier, stronger, and better connected to those I am called to reach.

Getting healthier:

  • (Physically)I have put on 50 lbs over the last 7-8 years. Not healthy, not good, and seriously causing some health probelems. That weight has got to come off period. I started eating better last week and can already feel the results. I want to drop about 70 total lbs.
  • (Spiritually) I have been running on empty for too long. I am not even thinking about any type of vocational ministry. I want to take as much time as I feel like God needs me to take to recharge my spiritual batteries.
  • (Emotionally) I have been hurt by some people I cared deeply for and I am working on processing that
  • (Relationally) I am putting some things in place in my life that will help me reconnect with people I feel like God is calling me to reach. It means some reprioritizing of my time, talents, and efforts. It means saying goodbye to some things and hello to others.

I have really enjoyed the last two months. My calander has been clearer than ever, I have had more time to spend with my family, and am starting to make some sense of some things that have puzzled me for a while.

Life is good. God is good.

No comments: