Sunday, August 1, 2010

Sunday Mind Dump

Almost time for vacation. Looking forward to our week in Florida with the kids. We rented a house and are mostly going to unplug and relax, with healthy doses of sun and swimming mixed in there. It's Sunday and that means a Sunday Mind Dump...so let's dump:
  • Reminded again this morning that nothing bad comes our way without God's hands in it and an opportunity for our growth. We can either learn from the struggles or not, but they're still coming.
  • The band played very well today in light of some really tough tech and sound issues. Those issues are part of what you deal with being a portable church. Glad everyone ignored them and had fun anyway. The flip side, now I have to go back and troubleshoot that soundboard this week!
  • Getting ready to read a book I have been wanting to read for some time called "Repenting of Religion." It's all about learning to love and move past judging others. No matter who you are judging others is a problem. Our job as Christians is to love, God judges. Case closed :)
  • Great job Scott Brewster. This message series is killer. You've got a lot of people talking....
  • Might be bringing an electric guitar out for worship soon. Gonna sit down and work some stuff out this week and see if I like what I hear!
  • Thinking a lot about my calling lately. Praying for wisdom about that.
  • Last week of classes. I am VERY happy about that....VERY happy.
I am outta here....need to spend some time with the wife.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good stuff Jeff Renner! I like it.