Tuesday, June 17, 2008

How Do They Do It?

This last week has been a royal pain. Two weeks ago Friday, the storms that passed through fried my DSL modem and my Wireless router. We went a few days without internet and that was almost killing us. Leading a church, everyone emails us stuff and we would have to run over to the church to try and respond. So, I figured with gas at 4 bucks a gallon I'd have dial up set up for a week and at the very least I could communicate with people in my unmentionables at my house (like God intended!)

Dial up nearly caused me to have a nervous break down! It is so stinking slow. My computer tied up all the time. I lost the connection at least three times a day. If I was a drinker it would have been Miller time. Today at roughly 10 am my world began to fall back into order when the nice man from Buckeye Cable came and took away the bad DSL modem (which by the way is very much a part of the Axis of Evil) and hooked up a much faster modem that has brought a time of peace and stability back into the Renner household. I just completed the last of the technology puzzle by getting my wireless router up and running.

If April was home from work she'd say that all this calls for a cookie. I think, as usual, she's right. All this does call for a cookie. Sleep well world. Sleep well.

No comments: