Friday, June 6, 2008

Idle Words

I was reading another pastors blog the other day and he had a post talking about how other pastors were trashing him and he was really conflicted about what to do. The fleshly side of him wanted to make his case and defend himself. The Biblical side of him said let it go. He sided with the Biblical side noting that he would have to give an account for every idle word.

I think there is a lesson here for all of us. We need to remember that we too will have to give an account for our idle words. When someone says something about you how do you handle it? Do you lash out or do you allow your actions to speak for you

The key here is to learn to be careful about what you say. Don't say things about other people in anger or in retaliation. I have made a the decision that I am not going to have anything negative to say about another person in ministry. Doesn't mean I agree with everything they are doing it just means I am not going to talk about it.

No comments: