Thursday, May 22, 2008

Seasons

Sometimes God speaks to you on a regular basis and sometimes it's in seasons. The last few months have been a quiet time for me. I think that can be for a variety of reasons sometimes it's our fault. We aren't in his word like we should be or maybe our prayer life isn't what it needs to be or perhaps God is just silent for the moment. Sometimes his silence has a purpose. Sometimes I believe that God is silent because he is waiting for us to process and put into practice the stuff he has already hit us with.

Think about this for a second. If God keeps hitting us with new stuff the stuff he just gave is hasn't always had a chance to work in and through us yet. Sometimes he's waiting on us to act on it before he gives us something new.

Over the last week. God has hit me with some really heavy truths through some different people and circumstances. Some of of those truths will be finding their way into messages and some of them won't they are more personal. The key for me is, if I want God to keep moving and speaking and not experience a dry season I have to put the stuff he is revealing to use.

If you are in one of those dry seasons. Ask yourself what God might have hit you with that you are not using. Once you find that put it into practice!

No comments: