Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sunday Mind Dump

A good service today. Still quite a few people out camping and visiting family. It makes the place feel kinda empty but, as my grandma always says, we don't exist for the church the church exists for us. I hope people enjoy their time away and come back refreshed and ready to kick some butt!

So let's dump:
  • First off happy birthday John! John and his wife Shelly are a huge blessing to Real Life. They put their heart and soul into the church and that is awesome to see!
  • The message left people feeling a little uncomfortable today. I understand, it did me too! Sometimes that's not such a bad thing. I know one thing. Every time I mention the word "blessings" people will snicker and laugh a little....Thanks Julius!
  • The band is continuing to rock it out. They are doing a much better job of building songs!
  • We have some big stuff on the radar. Tony is ordering the camera so we can do web casting. Trust me, it's going to be sweet.
  • We are three weeks into the iMarriage series and next week we are going to tie it all together.
  • I can't wait for summer. I need a little alone time to pray and write. God has been hitting me with many cool things and I am going to start pursuing some of them over the next couple of weeks. If it's a God thing it'll be huge for Real Life.
  • The leadership team is doing a 2 day retreat at my mom's cottage in Indiana. We have some things on the agenda to discuss that'll hopefully make the ministry we do a little smoother.
  • With all the families gone over the last few weeks I really missed seeing the little ones. I just love looking and seeing chocolate covered faces! For some reason that cracks me up
Got to do a few things then I am off for a shower and I am going to veg in front of the tube for a few hours. Later!

No comments: