Friday, May 2, 2008

What's going on with me?

Ok....normally I get myself all psyched up for one message series at a time. I haven't even finshed writing all the messages for the iMarriage series (I have written 2 of 4) and had this overwhelming urge to sit down and write my message for our June One Prayer series.

Am I getting ahead of myself or what? Sometimes God just hits you and boom it all comes out. Which is not how he normally leads me in message prep. Usually I feel lead towards certain topics so I start gathering information and seeing what is out there that has already been written and said by people that are much better communicators that I am. As I am reading, God will reveal to me what to keep, what to ditch, and what to add to what I have found. Today was one of those days were it just all came out just sitting down with my computer and Bible and allowing GOd to speak........The good the bad and the ugly.

Sad thing is....quite often the best messages are a little ugly and you really don't want to know what we go through in putting them together. Quite often they are very painful for us pastors. We are reopening old wounds for ourselves and knowing many times we are going to open the wounds of others. Sometimes though, that's what it takes to bring healing for us and for you guys.

No comments: