Monday, July 28, 2008

Couldn't Sleep

Ok, so last night I had a hard time sleeping. I got up and got on the computer and did a little reading. God began to hit me with the notion that we need to look at everything we are doing in church and ask ourselves if those things are effective and accomplishing their purposes.

Some of the questions I am asking myself:
  • Am I teaching as effectively as I could be teaching?
  • Am I doing enough to grow the church?
  • Am I doing an effective job communicating the vision of the church?
  • Am I growing our leaders?
I could go on...but it's important to understand all of us need to self evaluate honestly. Some of the things that I need to be working on are:
  • Relying less on notes and speaking more from my heart.
  • Sharing more of myself with our people.
  • Becoming less the face of the church and more the heart of the church.
  • Speaking our vision in and through the messages.
  • Encouraging our leaders and helping to empower them.
  • Providing opportunities for our leaders to grow.
There is more I am kicking around but this is a start. Over the next few months I need to be more intentional about my teaching and leadership.

No comments: