Thursday, July 31, 2008

Vacationlog Day 1

My oh my. So, both my kids wanted to spend the night last night with their friends Christian and Patty. These are the same two kids we brought with us on vacation. Somehow, all four teenagers thought it would be a great idea to stay up all last night goofing around. They thought they would do that and then sleep all day in the car thus making the trip go by faster.

They failed to realize that they are all as big as adults and that made six full sized people in our van. Not exactly enough room to stretch out and sleep. To say that today was a festival of crankiness would be a massive understatement. In fact, I had to go old school pastor on them and bind the spirit of argument and cast out that demon of complaints.

On the plus side it was pretty funny when my boy and his friend did fall asleep and the girls tried to shave the boys legs. That was funny. 12 1/2 hours and 769 miles later we survived the first day on the road. Tomorrow we only have about 5 hours to drive and we are stopping off for lunch with an old friend of Aprils.

Pray I don't hurt anyone. I can see the news headlines now. "Local Pastor Kills Kids While On Vacation: His neighbors say he was so quiet.

I better get to bed. I am rambling.

No comments: