Saturday, July 26, 2008

Lotsa Work

Been putting in a lot of work hours over the last few days trying to get ready for our vacation next week. We'll be gone for 10 days. It's a much needed family vacation, but it's also a little nerve racking because next weekend will be our first weekend away from Church since we started holding public worship services. That is a little scary but we have full faith and confidence in our people and know that they are going to be fine without us!

Next week, Stuart Rickart will be giving the message. I met Stu a year ago at sort of a down time in his life. It's been interesting to see how the relationship with Stu has progressed. A year ago when I met Stu he was talking about wanting to find work in kids ministry. After talking to him for five minutes I could see his passion was in teaching and leading adults. Be he, like many of us thought he wasn't able to do that. I don't want to give away too much of his story because he is telling some of it next week.

For me, this is neat. I am really happy that Stu was open to God using him at Real Life. I just know that everyone is going to be blessed with his passion and energy!

No comments: