Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Lawnmowers and Kids

So two years ago I bought one of those 200 dollar Wal-Mart specials of a lawnmower. It was a decent mower, self propelled, not too much else. It ran decent for my yard. At the beginning of the year I had to take the darn thing in to be serviced because it wouldn't start. Turned out it needed an oil change, new plugs, a new blade, and come to find out there was water in the gas line. So that needed cleaned.

It took the people six weeks to get the thing fixed. It cost me $110.00 to fix a $200 mower. I got the thing back and it ran great. Until today. Enter my 14 year old son (whom I do love.) He wants to make some cash because we are going on vacation in a few weeks so he is going to cut the grass. He has the thing running for less than a minute before he runs over something and destroys my brand new blade (that I just had put on.) Needless to say, I now have $131.50 in parts and repairs in a $200.00 mower. I could have saved myself $21.50 and just gave him 10 bucks to do nothing. Would have been cheaper!

Jake is now on double secret probation. Wait till April hears about this one!

No comments: